The TSYS School of Computer Science at Columbus State University offers scholarships to undergraduate students majoring in computer science or information technology. The award is $1000.00 ($500.00 for two semesters per academic year). Award notification will be announced at the end of May. Questions should be directed to the Scholarship Committee chairperson
The Student Must
- Submit the scholarship application by May 15
- Have declared and maintained enrollment as a full-time student in the TSYS School of Computer Science
- Have completed a minimum of 30 hours of course work at CSU
- Receive a grade of B or higher in CS courses
- Have taken CPSC 1301, CPSC 1302, and CPSC 2108, with at least two ‘A’s and one ‘B’, (1301L, ‘B’ or better, if required)
- Have a 3.0 overall GPA with no grade below ‘B’ in Computer Science/Information Technology classes
Requirements for Maintaining the Scholarship:
- Maintain enrollment as a full-time CS/IT major, enrolled in at least one CPSC/MISM course each semester
- Follow the suggested Plan of Study for your major
- Successfully complete a minimum of 30 credit hours per academic year
- Receive a grade of ‘B’ or higher in CS/IT courses
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 in all course work at CSU
- Participate in a student professional organization related to Computer Science
- Remain in good standing with the university
- Attend Department Colloquium events and other lectures sponsored by the department at least twice each semester (sign in sheet)
- Records will be reviewed at the end of the first semester to verify continuing eligibility.
- The department reserves the right to withdraw scholarship support for conduct inconsistent with the goals of the department, including nonacademic issues and problems.
- Students, who formally withdraw or reduce their course load during the semester, will be expected to repay the award for the current semester. Failure to repay the award will result in “unfavorable standing” at CSU.
- If the award is cancelled because of GPA, the student may reapply for the scholarship after two semesters.
TSYS School of Computer Science
Columbus State University
4225 University Avenue
Columbus, GA 31907-5645