Policy Regarding Online Examination Proctoring
If the instructor gives an open book type examination proctoring is not necessary. Otherwise the following rules will apply:
- Student will have to find a proctor. Ideally, a proctor should be a librarian or associated with some testing center.
- Student will give all contact details of the proctor to the instructor at least two weeks before each examination.
- The instructor will approve the proctor at least a week before an examination.
- The test may be online or offline. In each case there will be a coversheet to be signed by the proctor.
- For an offline examination, the test will be sent to the proctor either by e-mail or by post. The proctor will send the test back to the instructor with a signed coversheet.
- An online examination will be given in WebCT. The test will be available to the student at a specified time according to the proctor's convenience.
- In case of an online examination, the proctor will either fax the signed coversheet to the instructor or e-mail a scanned copy of the signed coversheet.
- In case of an emergency, if the proctor is unavailable at the specified time, the student will have to notify the instructor before the test is due and the test will be rescheduled.