TSYS School of Computer Science Aspirations in Computing Scholarships
Columbus State University is awarding CSU Aspirations in Computing Scholarship in the amount of $5,000 ($1250 / year) to winners of the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing National Award competition and $4,000 ($1000 / year) winners of the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing Georgia Regional Award competition.
Requirements for maintaining the scholarship:
- Maintain enrollment as a full-time CS major, enrolled in at least one CS course each semester
- Follow the suggested course of study, as outlined in the Degree Program for computer science majors
- Successfully complete a minimum of 30 credit hours per academic year
- Receive a grade of B or higher in CS courses
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 in all course work at CSU
- Participate in a student professional organization related to the Computer Science major
- Remain in good standing with the university
- Attend School Colloquium events and other lectures sponsored by the school at least twice each semester (sign in sheet).
- Records will be reviewed at the end of the first semester to verify continuing eligibility
- The school reserves the right to withdraw scholarship support for conduct inconsistent with the goals of the school, including nonacademic issues and problems
- Students, who formally withdraw or reduce their course load during the semester, will be expected to repay the award for the current semester. Failure to repay the award will result in “unfavorable standing” at CSU.
- If the award is cancelled because of GPA, the student may be re-evaluated for the scholarship after two semesters.
TSYS School of Computer Science
Columbus State University
4225 University Avenue
Columbus, GA 31907-5645